Huw & Jo Davies took over the pub in 2001 and completed a 3 month refurbishment before opening. The Riverside Inn is a very large traditional pub, tastefully decorated and situated at the heart of the picturesque village of Cheddar, within easy walking distance of Cheddar Gorge and Caves and ideally located for those wishing to explore the towns of Axbridge, Glastonbury and the historic Cathedral city of Wells.
We believe that the village pub is the perfect place to serve delicious and un-fussy food that keeps pace with the farming calendar.
Our team of chefs believe in traditional cooking and food that’s always wholesome, hearty and temptingly fresh. We’re open all day, the team is in early for breakfast served from 10am-12pm, and lunch/dinner from 12pm-9pm.
The dedicated front of house team run the bustling village bar serving drinks, tasty bar snacks, lunch or dinner from early in the morning until late at night, they ensure everything runs smoothly and that excellent customer service is provided at all times. We want you to eat well whether you’re after breakfast, a large meal or a quick snack and we promise you the goodness of the countryside – and a warm welcome to go with it!
Prior to your visit to the Riverside, if you have any questions regarding our disabled access/facilities or any queries regarding allergies please contact us.
OPENING & CLOSING TIMES MAY VARY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO COVID-19 –
WE WILL CURRENTLY BE OPENING FROM 10 am FOR BREAKFAST/DRINKS AND OUR FULL MENU RUNNING FROM 12 MIDDAY UNTIL 8.30PM (Mon – Sat) and 7.30pm Sun.
Last orders at the bar is 10.30pm at the moment.
- We open the doors at 10 am
- Breakfast 10am – noon
- Lunch / dinner menu noon – 8.30pm (Sundays last food order is 7.30pm) – TIMES MAY VARY SLIGHTLY
- Hot drinks, cakes and hearty bar snacks available all day.
Our bar and food suppliers include:
- Havercrofts, Weston Super Mare – meat
- A David and Sons, Bishop Sutton – fruit and veg
- Partners in Cream, Glastonbury – dairy and cheese
- Thatchers’ Cider, Sandford
- Cheddar Ales, Cheddar
- Martin Carwardine, Langford – coffee
- Cheddar Water – still & sparkling
- Lovingtons dairy ice cream, Castle Cary
- Cheddar Chocolate Company, Cheddar – chocolates & biscuits
- Maggie’s Country Kitchens, Chilcompton – desserts
Children and dogs
Children are welcome and can pick their meals from our children’s menu. Dogs with well behaved owners are welcome in both bars, just not in the restaurant.