At The Riverside we know that fresh food really does taste better. Set in the heart of the Mendip Hills, at the foot of the Cheddar Gorge, our team of chefs believe in traditional cooking and food that’s always wholesome, hearty and temptingly fresh.
We promise you the goodness of the countryside – and a warm welcome to go with it. We’re privately owned and passionate about food! We only use the finest cuts of steak, locally sourced to ensure exceptional flavour and tenderness.
Our steaks are expertly prepared and matured for a minimum 21 days before being cooked to your specific taste. You’ll also find a great range of succulent chicken, fish and vegetarian choices. We aim where possible to support local producers:
- F. Griffiths & Sons, Ashcott – meat
- David & Sons, Bishop Sutton – fruit & vegetables
- Thatcher’s, Sandford – cider
- Cheddar Ales, Cheddar – beer
- Cheddar Chocolate Company, Cheddar – chocolates & biscuits
- Martin Carwardine, Langford – fair trade tea & coffee
- Maggie’s Country Kitchens, Chilcompton – desserts
- Marshfield Farm, Bath – ice-cream
- Cheddar Water – still & sparkling